Monday, July 11, 2011

Laundry: DONE!

Okay, so this might seem like a silly thing to be excited about, but I actually started and finished all my loads of laundry in one day! Why overwhelm myself by trying to get it all done on Monday (my unofficial laundry day), you might ask? Because now I won't worry about laundry for an entire week! Some folks like to work on doing a load or two a day. But tell me, then: when does laundry ever end?! For me, it is less overwhelming when I start my day and I know that there is no laundry hanging over my head... so to speak. (I will admit, it usually takes me 2 or 3 days to finish and we only have 4 of us in our family. So kudos to those of you with big families for even staying on top of the laundry throughout the week!)

I've learned many lessons doing laundry. Some good, some not:

Good: get the kids involved, let them think it's a game to sort laundry! (By the way, my kids don't like putting their laundry away, but they love putting my husband's and my laundry away!)
Bad: don't put the red rags in with white dishtowels, especially when they haven't had their first wash yet. And probably not even after that. Red - never a safe color in laundry.
Good: It is truly a blessing when I can't find enough hangers for all my clothing. God has been so good to our family when it comes to keeping us clothed. (Please keep in mind when you see my daughter, she picks out her own outfits - not a true reflection of what is in her closet.)
Bad: Be careful when sniffing children's clothing to see if it is truly dirty or only been worn for 20 minutes. Sometimes it TRULY is dirty...and stinky... and just gross.
Good: There is money to be made in doing laundry! Do you know how many pennies I've found in the bottom of the washing machine?
Bad: Static electricity makes my socks stick to my husband's underwear making for interesting surprises when he gets dressed! (Sorry, honey!)

For more good, check out this guest post from my sister-in-law. I loved it! You'll view socks in a whole new light!

No comments:

Post a Comment