Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Missing Pieces by Leanne

Our first guest blogger is my sister-in-law, Leanne, who has been blessed with a great talent for writing. She can take even the smallest pieces of life and find an amazing application from God for our own lives! She gladly passed on a few devotionals for me to share with you. Look for more to come in the future! Here is her first (of many, hopefully!!) Thanks for sharing your gift, Leanne!!

“Missing Pieces”



“Mom,can you help me find my missing Lego piece” “Mom, I lost my Iron Man guy's helmet?” “Mom, have you seen my make-up bag?” “Honey, I only have one white sock in my drawer, can you find me the other one?” “Hey mom, how come I can't find my school book?”
Did I just scream out loud or was it in my head?

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I feel as though I am constantly looking for something for someone! What they all don't realize is, I have to do the exact same thing they would have to do...look! You simply lift up the couch cushions, move the pile of books and look under it. Search the car or the pile of laundry in the laundry basket. Just standing in the same spot and spinning in circles will not help you find what you are looking for! Why does it seem like only I know this?

Well since I am called “Mom” I have found that my days are filled with meeting every one else's needs and desires. Is it always fun? No! Is it worth it? Yes!

When Jesus was here on the earth He often dealt with the same kinds of things. Everyone needed a healing touch, everyone needed prayer, everyone needed food or money. Everyone had a question or a complaint! Much like motherhood. Though Jesus had the power to just speak a word and all would fall into place (if only I had that power!) He usually gave us the example of hard work. He actually showed us how to live and meet the needs of others. He took the time to touch and heal and explain and train. It took much of his time and He took breaks to go and pray and seek the Father. He rested. He worked hard and never complained, but He knew the job that needed to be done and He did it with His whole heart: his heart of love and compassion.

“Oh Jesus, help me see the needs and meet them the best that I can. Help me call out to you for help and rest when I am tired. Help me to seek your will and not mine and see the little things with eternal eyes. Bring to remembrance your desire to find and restore the missing pieces in each and every heart and life.” amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment