Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Not so morbid...

I used to think it was kind of morbid or perhaps depressing when people wrote down the songs they wanted to have sung at their funeral. Old hymns or worship songs that other people would be singing once they had passed on. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a song in my Bible that I want sang at my funeral. We were singing "It is Well," and one part of the verse really hit home with my life currently, and then I realized that it could very well be my life's theme song. That's when I got it: when a song means that much and speaks to every part of your life for the rest of your life, that's when you write it in your Bible. Because someday, when I pass on to heaven, I want people to sing this song at my funeral and "get" it. Maybe it will speak to someone there like it speaks to me today.
"Whatever my lot,
thou hast taught me to say:
it is well,
it is well with my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment